Thursday 7 July 2011

It was as if I never left...

Hello everyone, I'm back in the land of the living, I touched down yesterday morning and spent the day trying to organise my pictures, though I'm only 1/4 of the way through! 

The trip was absolutely amazing, very fast paced but we saw a lot in 20days, the only down side being the amount of money I spent!  With the YOLO tours from GAP Adventures, the tours of the areas you stop aren't actually included, which, depending on what your looking for can be a blessing or a curse.  For me it was a blessing, you could pick and choose what you wanted to do in each place - don't want to go on a walking tour? Why not try the boat ride instead, or take your own time and wander around the town yourself.

I would highly recommend GAP for anyone that has a strict time scale and wants to see as much as possible, massive thumbs up from me, and a HUGE thank-you to Charin our wonderful GAP tour leader who was the daddy figure to the group.

I'm slowly but surely adding pictures to my FLICKR, my Canon 450d which served me well I think I got a bit carried away with the amount of photos I took, I also shot a lot of snapshots with my Canon IXUS 100, here's a wee taster of what I was up to:






For anyone following me on Twitter or Tumblr, I'm sure you've already seen all my iPhone snaps of the trip, yes yes yes I went photo crazy! hehe

I have to say for this trip, fashion and make-up kinda went out the window for a couple of reasons - insect repellent ruined quite a few of my clothes on this trip :( it was so hot and sweaty, and skirts and dresses weren't the most practical for climbing in and out and over things.  But hey, I had an awesome time even if I didn't look my best :)

What has everyone else been up to? I've missed you guys, it's so nice to be back!! (though it's currently raining here in London! boo!)

Speak Soon  xxx

PS. Don't forget to keep an eye on my FLICKR for the rest of my photo's of the trip.
Pin It

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun! I love the picture of your(?) feet in the water with all the fish.
And the adorable cow.

Amber Blue Bird said...

it looks like you had an amazing adventure

Nick said...

Thankyou for your kind comment on my blog predictablyirrational-nick.blogspot.com
These photos are amazing you must have had a great time. Have been reading some of your other posts and really like your blog am now following you. Would love for you to follow back.
Nick x

Short Sister Style said...

it sounds like you had a blast! The pictures you posted are amazing!
Think you will ever go back?

-Jules

Safiya said...

Glad you had a gorgeous time - I hope your new insect repellent pen thingy worked out well!

Have had a look at the Gap adventures site and it looks pretty good - so thanks for the recommendation; Me and friends are now considering a couple of the holidays for later in the year (I'm voting for the Cuba Libre tour). x

Oh, Such a Primadonna

Joy said...

Awesome photos! What country/countries did you visit?

Unknown said...

lovely pics xxx

Angel Garcia said...

Where was this at? It looks amazing and kind of like Cambodia.

All the best, Angel

Lidiya said...

These photos are fantastic, a real explore of the world :)
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

Radiant Make Up said...

so jealous - it looks completely amazing!! x

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Ohhh great pictures!! You got some pretty amazing shots. Bummer about the insect repEllent ruining clothes...but hey being bug bite free is a good thing!

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...