Sunday 7 August 2011

Going to the Chapel...


Yesterday I attended a wedding of two friends from university down in Portsmouth - where we went to uni.  It was such a lovely day and strange to be back in the Portsmouth with all the old crowd.

The ceremony was beautiful and the church was so cosy and drenched with light bursting through it's stained glass windows.  My favourite part was when they were signing the papers, a friend of the groom played the song from Scrubs which got a giggle, followed by a song Foo Fighters and Green Day  - not your traditional wedding music, but great anyway.

The groom also had three Best Men and his own wedding cake!  Or should I say a three tier pork pie - Amazaballs!!


Unfortunately I was having such a great time I didn't get a chance to get a snap of my outfit, but here is wee idea of what I wore:

Shoes - H&M | Dress - Dorothy Perkins | Bag - Oasis

All items you guys have seem before on my blog.  I did contemplate buying another outfit for the wedding, however I decided I have enough clothes to choose from!

Today I spent the day wandering the town with my uni friends exploring our old haunts and some new ones - Southsea Castle right on the sea front.  Henry VII built this castle to protect the port of Portsmouth, it's only small but was nice to see, considering I never visited through my 3years of being in Portsmouth.


What did you guys get up to at the weekend?

I'll leave you with the song the Bride and Groom had for their first Dance:



Speak Soon xxx Pin It

8 comments:

X said...

Lovely pics...looks like it was a great wedding. I'm getting married next summer so I've developed an unhealthy level of nosiness when it comes to other ppl's weddings :)

www.theheadlessmannequin.blogspot.com

Temporary:Secretary said...

Looks like it was an amazing wedding! x

binia said...

that looks lile a lovely wedding! i'm sad that i've never actually been to a wedding, considering i'm the biggest believer and promoter of true love that ever was!

Anonymous said...

Aw I love attending weddings, they are always so much fun, and it looks like you guys did, I think wearing what you already have was a great idea!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Lydia Armstrong said...

Awww I love weddings! So fun.

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

Looks like fun! So stunning. x hivenn p.s enter my giveaway?

Hen said...

Cute wedding pics! Your outfit looks like it was really nice also.
Teenage Daydreams
X

Unknown said...

Such gorgeous pictures! I hope you are okay over there, I've heard about the riots, it's scary!

xoxo Despite color

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...