Sunday 28 October 2012

✪ Hocus Pocus ✪


I know Halloween isn't until Wednesday, and it's not actually that huge over here in the UK, but I just love an excuse for fancy dress and pumpkin carving.  My bro and I have become a carving tag team, I do the stencilling and my bro does the elbow work and carves the design. 

What do you think of our pumpkins this year?  Have you guys been pumpkin carving yet?


This weekend I went to a Halloween party in Hoxton Docks put on by the Kigu crew called Horrors of the Deep.  If you haven't heard of Kigu before, they are company who make amazing and cute animal onsies, the word ‘Kigu’ is short for ‘kigurumi’, which literally translates as ‘costumed animal character’ in Japanese.

As you can probably tell by the name of the party 'Horrors of the Deep' the theme was sea related, however I had been wanting to try my hand at a Day of the Dead/Sugar Skull face painting, so though keeping Halloween-y I didn't stick to the sea theme at all.  


And here is the result, I'm pretty proud of myself and love all the pretty colours - what do you guy think?

The party itself I'm afraid to say wasn't the greatest, I mean they did have everything promised, but the drink and music selection wasn't the best and the venue was pretty much empty until well past midnight.  Luckily I was with a good bunch of people and made our own fun.  Has anyone else got a Halloween party planned?


Speak Soon xxx Pin It

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! The make up looks fantastic. Great pumpkins as well, you and your brother are very talented!

-Kristine
www.pugglewearsprada.blogspot.com

Fear is a Dirty Word said...

Wow the face make up looks great!! You did a really nice job :)

Best,
Samantha

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

you look amazing! I didn't do anything Halloweeny this year but if I had I was going to do a sugar skull design too :p x

Midwest Muse said...

Your make up and pumpkins are wonderful. You've got mad skill.

! * ♔ ♥... !*~ ღ tokkii autumn 토 끼 가 을 ღ ~*!:♡ ♔ * said...

Very pretty and classy, love the look :)
I follow you now ! Wanna be your friend!
Follow me back on facebook ,twitter,and GFC and add me as a friend in GFC
love you dear :)

Marcchanelette.blogspot.com
Marcchanel'ette

Unknown said...

Your makeup is amazing, wish I could create a look like this. Very talented.
Maddie xx

maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

Buttons Apart said...

I love your pumpkin carvings, they're brilliant! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

Sita xx
http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...